Weekend! I look forward to making it one lazy one after I get off my shift today, like I might just return to my bed and not get out again till I have to return to work Monday morning.
17 days left, fun fact 39 has arrived;
Birthday Countdown Fun Facts.
55: The Spice Girls are directly related to 55 being my favorite number.
54: I’ve been to 32 of the 50 states.
53: I have zero knowledge about my biological ancestry.
52: My left arm is longer than my right arm.
51. I’ve never seen any of ‘The Matrix’ series.
50. The first TV show I binge watched was ‘NCIS’.
49. The first book that left an actual impression on me was ‘Stephanie’s Ponytail’.
48. The first CD I ever bought with my own money was Shania Twain’s ‘Come On Over’.
47. The first time I ever flew on a plane was when I was sixteen & took a trip to Florida with a friend and her family.
46. The first celebrity crush I had was Lance Bass from *NSYNC.
45. The first “formal” dance I went to was my freshman winter formal called “Snowball” because we are small town honkey-dory like that.
44. The first musical I ever saw on stage was ‘RENT’.
43. Despite being a huge boom fiend I don’t have an actual book shelf so my books are showcased in a sad manor.
42. The only sport I ever enjoyed participating in was volleyball.
41. For a long time I was sure I would one day become a pastry chef.
40. At current standing I have seven tattoos and it likely will not end till I am totally covered.
39. My ‘can’t live without’ make-up is eyeliner.
38. I have some amazingly talented friends.
37. I love me some football but when it comes down to it today I have no favorite or preference. Just here for the commercials and New Girl episode after.
36. My favorite fruit is raspberry.
35. My favorite vegetable is a radish.
34. My favorite smell is coffee grounds.
33. My (top 3) favorite words are farce,cunt, and lackadaisical.
32. My favorite amusement park ride is the ferris wheel.
31. My (top 2) favorite short stories are ‘The Story of an Hour’ and ‘The Yellow Wallpaper’.
30. My favorite physical feature is my hair.
29. The top five places I most want to visit are Koln, London, Greece, Rome, & Vancouver.
28. If I had the money I would probably just keep going back to school and get a ton of degrees.
27. I have had nearly every color under the sun in my hair but I always return to red.
26. I prefer paperback books over hardcover.
25. I may have never had an actual Valentine I refuse to let that stop me from loving the holiday.
24. I am oober persnickety about my pens and writing utensils.
23. I am a weirdo who actually likes doing laundry. I find it relaxing.
22. I hate both whipped cream and marshmallows, which almost nobody understands.
21. You would be hard pressed to find me without ChapStick on me.
20. I have never been a morning person. If I have to I can get up and function but I much prefer night.
19. I am one of those people full of random & pretty pointless information. Like did you know the world’s largest fish is the manta ray? ;)
18. I am a chunky peanut butter type of lady.
17. If I could be fluent in any other language magically it’d be ASL. // And truthfully I am working on it, I made it one of my new years resolutions to finally sit down and to try and learn it. I’ve been fascinated with ASL from a really young age, my mom says I always tried to mimic it whenever I saw it on TV or in person. There was the option to take it in high school and have it count as my foreign language credit but we also offered German and I am equally as in love with and attracted to that language. I grew up pestering my aunt to speak it here and there since she was born and raised there. Not to mention none of my teachers could confirm that all universities would count ASL under the foreign language requirement most of them had. So I took German and I don’t regret it at all but part of me wishes I could have found away to squeeze in ASL sometime too. There is just something beautiful and graceful about the way you can have a conversation that requires both parties to actively pay attention and just use their hands and facial expressions.
I’ve bought a book, I just need to sit down and start to read it and work with it. Not to mention I want to scour the internet for learning videos I can actually see the motions with. I don’t currently know anyone also fluent in ASL or that uses it as their primary form of communication but it could be useful someday and besides that it is just something I really want to learn.