I am all about that whole ‘Sunday is the day of rest’ thing cause usually it’s the only day of the week I have off and therefore all I do is veg and lay around. And today is absolutely no exception.
16 days left, fun fact 40 at the bottom;
Birthday Countdown Fun Facts.
55: The Spice Girls are directly related to 55 being my favorite number.
54: I’ve been to 32 of the 50 states.
53: I have zero knowledge about my biological ancestry.
52: My left arm is longer than my right arm.
51. I’ve never seen any of ‘The Matrix’ series.
50. The first TV show I binge watched was ‘NCIS’.
49. The first book that left an actual impression on me was ‘Stephanie’s Ponytail’.
48. The first CD I ever bought with my own money was Shania Twain’s ‘Come On Over’.
47. The first time I ever flew on a plane was when I was sixteen & took a trip to Florida with a friend and her family.
46. The first celebrity crush I had was Lance Bass from *NSYNC.
45. The first “formal” dance I went to was my freshman winter formal called “Snowball” because we are small town honkey-dory like that.
44. The first musical I ever saw on stage was ‘RENT’.
43. Despite being a huge boom fiend I don’t have an actual book shelf so my books are showcased in a sad manor.
42. The only sport I ever enjoyed participating in was volleyball.
41. For a long time I was sure I would one day become a pastry chef.
40. At current standing I have seven tattoos and it likely will not end till I am totally covered.
39. My ‘can’t live without’ make-up is eyeliner.
38. I have some amazingly talented friends.
37. I love me some football but when it comes down to it today I have no favorite or preference. Just here for the commercials and New Girl episode after.
36. My favorite fruit is raspberry.
35. My favorite vegetable is a radish.
34. My favorite smell is coffee grounds.
33. My (top 3) favorite words are farce,cunt, and lackadaisical.
32. My favorite amusement park ride is the ferris wheel.
31. My (top 2) favorite short stories are ‘The Story of an Hour’ and ‘The Yellow Wallpaper’.
30. My favorite physical feature is my hair.
29. The top five places I most want to visit are Koln, London, Greece, Rome, & Vancouver.
28. If I had the money I would probably just keep going back to school and get a ton of degrees.
27. I have had nearly every color under the sun in my hair but I always return to red.
26. I prefer paperback books over hardcover.
25. I may have never had an actual Valentine I refuse to let that stop me from loving the holiday.
24. I am oober persnickety about my pens and writing utensils.
23. I am a weirdo who actually likes doing laundry. I find it relaxing.
22. I hate both whipped cream and marshmallows, which almost nobody understands.
21. You would be hard pressed to find me without ChapStick on me.
20. I have never been a morning person. If I have to I can get up and function but I much prefer night.
19. I am one of those people full of random & pretty pointless information. Like did you know the world’s largest fish is the manta ray? ;)
18. I am a chunky peanut butter type of lady.
17. If I could be fluent in any other language magically it’d be ASL.
16. I keep every fortune I get & them in my chocolate frog box to preserve their magic. Yes I am that kind of person. // I know it’s silly and probably sounds so outlandish and naive but I like doing little things like this. I’ve always collected little things like this, I mean I have nearly every ticket stub to every movie, play, sporting event, etc that I’ve gone to since I was about 12 or 13 so it’s not too far-fetched for me to hoard my fortunes. I am very aware that a little slip of paper with a generic little blurb can’t change or alter my future but I’ve always liked to put a tiny bit of stock in them and believe they are capable of changing me. Altering my outlook on my life and my future for the better, it’s mostly about them reminding me I have a future to look forward to and not to let negative things totally bog me down. They might be dumb little sayings but most of the time they make me smile and perk up my thoughts, and that’s enough for me to want to hang on to them and keep them in my life.
Any of you guys have little rituals or things you do like this? Things you hoard to keep yourself in a happier or more light space? Even if they are silly and a little stupid. It’s all about what they mean personally to you and how they make your life easier and/or better so I hope you have little things. Enjoy what’s left of your weekends! :)