Maybe I jinxed myself yesterday. No prompts I browse over jump out at me and my brain is having it’s first little block of the month. So I thought about filling out a character questionnaire to work on one of my characters for my NaNoWriMo novel, but then I found my own little notes about her and thought I’d just share those instead.
Main Character: Lovella Matilda Stewart
- Lovella = Lois + Bella. Mom wanted Lois because she loves Lois Lane and old women names and Dad wanted Isabella because he’s always been attracted to the name. They couldn’t pick so they combined them (Dad’s idea). Mom loved the idea and sound of ‘Lovella’. She goes by Lov or Vella sometimes.
- Matilda is for her mom’s aunt that helped take care of Lovella’s mom and family when she was sick (later recovered) and Lovella’s mom got attached to her.
- 25 years old
- Degree in Hospitality, works for a nicer/higher end hotel
- Ashy Brown hair, an inch or so past her shoulders, with mint ombre at tips
- Blue eyes
- About 5’3”
- Body type, is Mae Whitman, but a bit heavier. But she’s 93% okay with her body.
- Friendly but not majorly outgoing, which is where she thinks her inability to attract a guy has come from.
- Has twin siblings (Kolin/Sarua) that are younger. Her parents never married but have always been together (common law at this point).
- Has a small handful of close friends; Kiki, Grahmn, Penny.
- Lives in a Baltimore like city (or Baltimore I haven’t decided yet)
- Feeling frustrated with her love/sex life…or lack there of
- Wants to start a friends with benefits relationship with a friend but not super close friend (Jameson)
And that’s all I’ve got so far. I know it’s a little vague, but in my head it makes a good foundation for the character. But what do you guys think? Is there anything obvious I am missing that you always look to know about characters? Anything you are dying to know about Lovella? Things you think I just need to add before I dive into writing her and her story for NaNoWriMo? Let me know!